Monday, July 28, 2014

The Last Card With the July 2014 Simon Says Stamp Card Kit

This is it!  It's the very last card I made with the 2014 July Card Kit from Simon Says stamp.  I only have small bits of paper left that really aren't enough to do a full card from and I long ago ran out of card stock from the kit.  I really made this kit stretch and I know I'm still going to get lots of use from the stamp set because it's such a fabulous design (Kristina Werner designs the most amazing stamp sets) and I have loads of washi tape left too.  But all I had left was the full sheet of this blue triangle paper.  I had a few of the stamped envelopes left over too.  I decided to use the Technique Tuesday Notebook Card die as a base for my sentiment.  I added the Sending stamped in Soft Navy ink to the thanks cut several times from the Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks die and then layered for a little dimension.  I added a few of the last envelopes from prep for a prior card to finish it off. 
And that's it.  I went back to count them up and  I made (by my count) 19 cards using supplies from the kit by adding in some extra plain card stock from my own stash.  I did use a bunch of dies and ink and a few extra supplies from my own stash, but I'm pretty impressed by how far this kit went.  I'll definitely be buying others in the future.  In fact, I'm debating about the August kit right now, but I'm not sure if I can trust myself to make so many cards featuring ice cream without eating a bunch of it myself!

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Cute commentary about the kit. You almost have me convince to seriously looking at the next kit. You have me wanting some mama elephant and lawn fawn dies. I have my eyes on about $40 worth of dies. Just wish I could get from same place to save on shipping and they are out of stock on one set. Anyhow....adorable card that will be used very soon I'm sure.