Tuesday, July 29, 2014

First Art Jounal page

After seeing so many wonderful art journals out there and having a lot of inspiration for doing something on my own, I finally took the plunge when I realized I really wanted someplace to remember an Amy Poehler quotation I read on Elise Cripe's blog here.   What have I learned?  Clearly there is a learning curve for this and I'm really in the beginning of that.  I saw a lot of things I would do differently next time and even some things I liked in this first run at it.  I started with this picture I posted a bit back on Instagram and Facebook:

Once dry, the page ended up looking like this:


I'm not really happy how the quotation is on the page.  I used vellum and it kind of wrinkled.  It's still readable but not what I had in mind, but here's the fabulous quotation on the page:

“Great people do things before they’re ready. They do things before they know they can do it. Doing what you’re afraid of, getting out of your comfort zone, taking risks like that – that is what life is. You might be really good. You might find out something about yourself that’s really special and if you’re not good, who cares? You tried something. Now you know something about yourself.” - Amy Poehler

No comments: