Friday, May 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Card Inspired by Watercolor for Card Makers

Yes, another card from things I learned in my Watercolor for Card Makers class over at onlinecardclasses.com.  For today's card, I used a technique using an acrylic block to make stripes of watercolor using Distress Ink and blend them together.  It was loads of fun to do.  But then I needed something to put on top.  The Lawn Fawn Admit One set I recently purchased was still sitting on top of my craft desk and it called my name.  So I stamped the balloon on watercolor paper, "colored" it with some Wink of Stella to give it some shine and then fussy cut a cluster of balloons for the focal point.  I used the happy birthday sentiment from the Sophie's Sentiments set also from Lawn Fawn and finished it off with some baker's twine from Queen & Co. 

No comments: