Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sympathy Thank You

We all make sympathy cards.  I have a stash of them. They certainly aren't my favorite to make, but, unfortunately, they are an all-too-real need.  This was my first time to have think about sending a thank you card for another's expression of sympathy.  I didn't even think about it until the first bouquet of flowers arrived at my mother-in-law's home this past Thursday.  I told her I would take care of putting the cards together.  I knew what I wanted the outside to be.  I had made a wall hanging for my mother-in-law and father-in-law a year ago with a great picture of the two together and a Bible quotation they had posted in their kitchen.  I thought it would work well for the outside, but I was absolutely stumped when it came to what to write inside.  All I can say is how grateful I am for the Internet.  It truly is a fountain of information. Once that dilemma was resolved, the cards came together fairly quickly because I picked an easy design.  I had the photo with quotation printed at Walgreens, printed out the inside portion at home and then it was just a matter of cutting and taping everything together. 

I truly hope it's a job I don't have to do again any time soon and I'm grateful to have it done.

No comments: