Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Happy Wishes Inspired by Lawn Fawn's Design Team Member Latisha Yoast

I had a chance to pop into my craft room after a week's trip for work and a whirlwind lately in our life.  I used the opportunity to make a card to congratulate my boss on his recent promotion (I'm really going to miss him).  I found this adorable design from Latisha Yost on the Lawn Fawn blog here. I really love this Lunar Lights set and it paired so well with this cute 6x6 paper pad called My Girl from American Crafts.  Okay so, yes, I'm making a card for a boy with paper from the My Girl set, but it's so pretty I just couldn't resist.  It was easy to adapt to my simply style too.  I used my Sizzix Top Note die to cut out the white piece and mounted it on some paper from the set.  I stamped the sentiment and the base for my "lights" on the white, then stamped the light stamps on the patterned paper and fussy cut them.  Then it was just a matter of adding the yellow "light" on the white background and then taping down my lights.  I added three little rhinestones to finish it off.  So cute and easy peasy.


 
Before I dash off to bed, I just had to add this picture of Chewie who made herself at home on my stamps while I crafted tonight.  I can't believe the places she finds suitable for naps!
 

No comments: