Friday, October 11, 2013

Happy Birthday!

For today's card, I really didn't have to look anywhere for inspiration; it just sort of made itself.  I recently bought this Crafty Secrets' set called Dahlia while shopping at yet another local scrapbooking store that is going out of business.  My sister was over to watch some TV and I just wanted to play with the new stamp.  Without any real idea of where I was going with it, I stamped it in Versamark ink on some kraft card stock from my stash then heat embossed it with some Zing white embossing powder.  I colored the flower in with some colored pencils to add a pop of color.  Then I stamped on the sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Happy Sentiments set using Versafine ink.  I decided it needed a bit of a mat, so I cut the finished piece down to 3.75 by 5 inches and then cut a white mat at 4 by 5.25.  Then it was just a matter of gluing it all down to a kraft card stock card base. 

No comments: