Thursday, October 10, 2013

Celebrate - Inspired by The Card Grotto

I needed a birthday card for my cousin's recent birthday and she just loves Mickey Mouse.  I looked for some inspiration on Google and I didn't really see anything.  So I started trolling through my Pinterest Card Layout Ideas board to see if something caught my eye.  When I came across this card from the The Card Grotto, I thought I could make a variation on the theme that would suit my needs. 

I had a cut file in my studio files for my Cameo that I had made a while back, that I decided would substitute well for the butterflies. I cut it from some black card stock from my stash. I cut a banner and stamped it with the sentiment from the Fiskars' Happy Birthday set using (what else?) Versafine ink. 

For the background, I cut a 4 by 5.25 piece of some paper from Creative Imaginations meant to be a Disney paper.  Then it was just a matter of gluing it all together. 
 

No comments: