I loved a beautiful card I saw by Teri Anderson on the Technique Tuesday blog. I loved the banners and the simplicity of the card. I had this idea of making it my own using a clear stamp set I've had forever and can longer remember who the manufacturer is, but it has this very large "happy" stamp and smaller word stamps to coordinate. I thought I would use the happy to coordinate with the banners. As I played around with different ideas, I finally decided to try the Stampin' Up Designer Typeset stamp set I bought a while back when they had the free shipping. I stamped the banner with some Momento Tangelo ink on some yellow card stock from the DCWV Pastel mat stack. I then filled in the letters and stamped the happy with Moment Espresso Truffle ink. I mounted the kraft card stock on white and then a base card from the DCWV Brights box of cards.
It definitely still needed something. I used a spare bit of baker's twine I had on my desk that was left over from something I was sent. I glued it to the top of the banner. I then took my sister's suggestion to add some polka dots. I didn't have the right color of paint, so I mixed a little yellow and antique white Apple Barrel acrylic paints together until I had a good shade of yellow to coordinate with the banner. I then filled in the happy with some green glitter glue from Studio G and realized I actually was starting to really like the card.