Saturday, June 1, 2013

Craft Room Upgrade Layout

For Week 21 of Project Life I knew I wanted to do a layout commemorating the work we've done on my craft room lately.  I had some video footage of our cat Chewie climbing the ladder we had in the room to replace the light fixture and a picture of another of our cats, Smoke, climbing the ladder that I wanted to include.  I saw this really great idea of using a QR code to access videos stored on YouTube that I thought I would give a try.  I simply uploaded my video to YouTube then fed the web address into a QR code generator program.  I then printed the QR Code it gave me onto paper (I used photo paper) and added it to my layout. Now all I have to do is open up my code reader app on my phone or iPad to watch Chewie climbing the ladder any time I want.  It was super easy to do so I'm pretty sure you are going to see a lot more QR Codes showing up in my layouts and in Project Life in the future.

For the layout, I was inspired by a sketch from the Sketch Savvy blog from April.  I used paper from the Basic Grey Fact line to match my Project Life layouts for the week since this page would be inserted into that part of my book.  I used the Eric Thickers for my title (I just got these at Michaels earlier this week and I was excited to use them).  The little tab above the middle picture and the chevrons on either side of the title were cut from files I bought for my cameo and I finished it off with some hand stitching across the bottom using some Hemptique baker's twine.  It was super easy to do because I was able to easily poke evenly spaced holes using my new Tim Holtz Ideology rule (that I also picked up at Michaels this week with a coupon so I could replace my beloved E K Success ruler that I've used so much that the markings are starting to disappear).  I wasn't completely happy with it but then I added a few Darice gems and it all just seemed to look right.

 
So here's what it looks like now that it's in the book:

No comments: