Monday, May 6, 2013

With Sympathy, a Design Principles Card

Today, I'm sharing the second card from the first lesson in the Design Principals class I'm taking.  I really deviated quite a bit from the card she showed, but at the same time tried to stay true to the concepts she showed.  This one was fun because I got to use a lot of supplies I haven't used in a long time or even ever.  The background is an old Rubber Stampede stamp (probably the first background stamp I ever bought) and I stamped it on the card with Old Paper Distress Ink.  I then cut the "shield" out with my Cameo.  The sentiment is one I picked up when Boxer Scrapbooks was going out of business and the butterfly is from the Teresa Collins Spring Fling Stamps.  It's the first time I've used either of those sets.  I used Timber Brown StazOn ink then colored the butterfly with my colored pencils.  I added a little more Old Paper ink to the edge of the shield and then used pop dots so I could run some Hemptique twine behind it.  It was a fun card to make and I really like how it turned out.   
 
 

No comments: