Sunday, March 17, 2013

My 500th Post and Week 11

I cannot believe that this is my 500th post.  That just seems a bit crazy, but that's what Blogger says so it must be true.  How cool is it that it falls on St. Patrick's Day?  So how do you celebrate the day? 

Me?  Since I managed to get all the laundry done yesterday and finish up Project Life for last week (that's right, I'm still on track), I decided to spend this day doing other things I enjoy. I have corned beef bubbling in the crock pot and dear hubby has some good beer (that I will not be drinking - yeck).  After a quick run to the store for kitty food so Chewie doesn't throw a fit about not getting any canned cat food today, I'll be kicking up my feet and reading a library book on my Kindle app.  I have to say that it's nice to be able to check out library books at any time, but I do sort of miss the trip to the library.  The convenience of electronics just can't quite replace the pretty amazing experience of walking down the stacks and being seduced by smell of paper and ink and the visual smorgasbord of colors.

So, as I said, Project Life Week 11 is in the book already.  I finished it up last night while I listened to the Hawks make history with the most road wins in the regular season with a nail-biter of a 6th round shoot out win against the Thunderbirds.  Way to go Chase De Leo! I used that Portfolio collection from Pink Paislee again.  I'm pretty much down the dregs of it so this may be it's last appearance.  I love, love, love (ha!) using the Amy Tangerine date stamp.  Then I spent some time playing with my cameo.  I chopped down an arrow from the Ali Edwards design from the Studio Calico cut set from the Cut It Up class.  I loved the arrow, but I needed a shorter version.  But the piece I love the most is probably the hat I created from a hat card design.  I made some extra cuts here and there and welded the words "hat trick" to celebrate Brendan Leipsic's hat trick. So when all is said and done, here's this week in history in our house:


No comments: