Monday, February 18, 2013

Project Life - Week One

So I finally decided to try my hand at Project Life.  So far, it's just as time consuming as regular scrapbooking, but I'm hoping that's just because I'm new to it.  I really, really hope things speed up a little as a I do more pages.  So, of course, I'm like six weeks behind.  Can you believe we are more than seven weeks into the new year already?  It's crazy how fast the year is going.

Although today was a holiday for President's Day for me, the hubby had to work.  So I thought it would be the perfect day to get caught up.  Well, I can tell you that didn't happen.  I did get a couple of weeks done, but I'm still behind.  Plus, I didn't get done early enough to have natural light so all I got was glare.  So here is a shot of week one not in the protector, but still with glare: 

All the paper except for the white is from one double-sided sheet of Basic Grey paper called Paraffin from the Origins collection.  At first, I wasn't quite sure I liked it, but, now looking back, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

I never would have thought that my first week of 2013 would feature a picture of the toilet from in-laws' house, but the year did in fact begin with a plan to remodel their bathroom to make it more wheelchair accessible while they were back East for my father-in-law's heart surgery.  It's shocking now to see the before pictures since the project is well underway now into the finishing bits, like a little texture and paint and then door trim and baseboards.

No comments: