Monday, September 24, 2012

Ponderings About a Card...

Why is it that sometimes such a simple card takes so long?  I had this idea in my head since Friday for a card.  My vision was so strong, but today when I finally had the time to sit down to make it, I've been so frustrated.  First I don't have the wood grain embossing folder that I envisioned in the card (I guess I'll have to order that).  Then I wanted some gladiolus, but there wasn't a pattern to be found in the Silhouette Design Studio or anyone else.  So I had to compromise my ideas, and it just didn't work out the way I wanted, but it's still a pretty card and I still think my co-worker will appreciate it.

I found this beautiful sunflower in the Silhouette Design Studio store and added a little more texture by using tea dye Distress Ink and running the center of the flower through the Sizzix dotted flower ringers embossing folder.  The leaves are from the set I downloaded last week and are also inked with the Distress Ink.  The background was embossed with the Cuttlebug script texture folder.  Then I finished it off with a scrap of ribbon from my drawer and some scrap paper as a mat.

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Goooooood Grief.....how far did I get behind in your postings!!!!! This is FABULOUS....oh my.. I see me CASING this one sone. I hope I have that embossing folder for the sunflower center...it's perfect.