Saturday, September 1, 2012

Aaaahhhhh! Sweet nothing...

I just love when I have a day when I don't have to do anything.  After all the stress lately, it was wonderful to have a day that wasn't planned out the last second, crammed with more than should reasonably done in day or tense because of what needs to be done.  Instead, I slept in until the sun woke me up, ran a couple of errands that needed to be done, and then came home to sit in my craft room for most of the afternoon.  I watched cheesy Lifetime true crime movies (love those), read my favorite blogs, watched the latest Glitter Girl video, cuddled furballs and played with paper scraplifting some of the cutest cards I had pinned on Pinterest.  Then hubby and I took a drive to get some corn for canning tomorrow and picked apples.  I don't think I've ever picked apples in an orchard like that before and I had a fabulous time doing so while listening the Winterhawks win in pre-season play.

So now as this wonderful day comes to a close with Zoey sitting beside me as I type this, I'm ever so grateful for a day to just be and to have two more days to spend with dear hubby before the craziness begins all over again.  My wish for all of you out there is that you have a day to just be.

So now, here is my favorite scraplift of the day... a whale of a good card from Karen Thomas at Luv to Stamp.  When I saw this card, I just knew I had to make it my own.  All the paper is from my scrap bin (I swear that thing is bottomless).  I also tried a new technique for me:  I used my bone folder to scrape the paper of the little banner to break down the fibers so that it became very pliable.  That let me roll it up and give it a little wave of its own.  The Thank You sentiment is from Inkadinkado's Collaged Expressions set.  The cute little whale and sun were Echo Park designs I found in the Silhouette Design Studio.  The sun was a journalling spot, but with removing just a couple of layers, it became just the perfect sun to finish out my card.  I used my favorite Sizzix folder (Divine Swirls) to give some texture to the clouds that I finished off with just a little Distress Ink.  I couldn't believe how many steps it took to cut out everything for this deceptively simple looking card, but, boy, was it worth it! 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hiya Zoe!!

THANK YOU for your lovely comment on my blog! I just HAD to come and see your creation and OMG IT'S ADORABLE!!!

I'm so glad that I inspired you - keep creating- its great for your soul!;)

Luv Karen
Xx