Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Play Hard

It's not usual that I make a layout without a sketch, but tonight, it all just sort of fell into place on its own when I saw this picture that dear hubby had uploaded to Facebook as he returned from a hard day of fishing.  Well, actually, he does say it was hard work because the tuna put up a fight, but I really don't think he minded at all.

So I immediately downloaded the picture and pulled out my Studio Calico kits.  But I couldn't seem to settle on one.  I knew I wanted to use the wood grain paper in one and the cute little winner, winner, chicken tuna dinner cardboard piece, but the rest of the greens and blues in the set really didn't strike me as right.  So I mixed and matched and, well, really isn't that what it's all about in Studio Calico kits anyway?  So I pulled a little from Brooklyn Flea and County Fair, with just a bit from Echo Park's Country Drive.  Well, honestly, now that I think about it, I think I just made my own Country Drive embellishments in the Silhouette Design Studio - man do I ever love that you can get the Echo Park items there - love, love, love it!  So I used a little Washi tape, my first time ever (can you even believe it given how popular that stuff is in the scrapbooking world?) and, another first, my Mister Hueys I bought as a treat in Boston and had to pack back home in a little Ziploc bag with my other liquids.  I'm sure the guys at the security check thought that was a little weird mixed in with my shampoo and such. 

But just as I was getting ready to put it all together, hubby walked in with his fishy smell and handed over his phone and camera so I could download my pictures (I have him trained really well to take photos). Then he talked my ear off for an hour about his trip (I really get the impression he had a good time).  While listening to his fish stories, I flipped through the pictures and, low and behold, there was a picture of him actually smiling with a big old grin - well big by standards of I can hardly ever get hubby to smile in a photo unless I actually ask him to.  Here he voluntarily smiled! So I quickly ditched the first photo and printed out the smiling one.  Then my layout was perfect.

No comments: