Saturday, July 7, 2012

Inspired by Crafting with Katie

I was totally inspired by Crafting with Katie to make this postage stamp card.  I challenged myself to do it entirely using the Silhouette Cameo.  I started by building the card base using a combination of squares and circles.  Once that was built, I needed two more inner squares.  Then I used another smaller square on a cut pattern of "scoring" on the white level to give a little more decoration without having to pull out the sewing machine (although it doesn't really show in the picture).  I then added my text, erased the score pattern in the way of the text, and built the kite.  Then I couldn't get my printer to print it.  It just doesn't seem to want to print on cardstock consistently right now.  This morning it printed just fine, but tonight it would not print at all.  So I had to settle for plain paper. :(  Then I cut out the kite and some vellum ties.  Once built, it still seemed like it needed something, so I added a cloud and some liquid pearls on the ties. 

No comments: