Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy Birthday (and another birthday card)

And first a word from our sponsor (well not really) I just want to take the time to say:




Happy Birthday Aunt Margie!



Okay, now on to today's project, which is a birthday card, but not the one I made for Aunt Margie, which can be seen here. I bought this stamp set called Garden Flowers by Inkadinkado. I don't know why but it doesn't look like the one on their website. What's odd is the picture there is missing the one stamp that caused me to buy the set: this beautiful, elegant flower (I'm not even 100% sure what type of flower it's supposed to be). But when I saw it on the picture on Scrapbuck.com, I decided I needed to get that stamp set. So when I started digging through my stamp sets looking for something for a birthday card for a girl, this one jumped out at me. I happily peeled it off the backing and went to work. I didn't need any kind of sketch to get me started, this one just fell in place. Unfortunately, there's been a theme lately of bad photography because the picture just doesn't really do the card justice. I added just a touch of Stickles to the flower and it really shines (ha ha) in real life, but I just couldn't really show that in my picture (also the brads don't look quite so wonky in real life - I swear I used a Stampin' Up paper piercing template so they really are evenly spaced and look quite a bit straighter in real life). Maybe this picture gives you a hint of the sparkle to the card. It's really funny, before the Stickles I thought it was an okay card. But just a little tracery of Stickles on the flower and I absolutely fell in love with the finished product and knew it was "just right." Isn't it funny how sometimes we just know when it's done and others we just know it's not?

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I see the sparkles and I love love that flower. You are right...don't know if it has a name...but what the heck...it turned out amazing and the CAS card makes a wonderful statement.