Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mojo Monday Sketch 200!

Last night I was trolling the blogs, catching up on my reading, when I ended up on You Tube to watch a video posted on Creations with Christina's blog. One of the video choices following that one was this "black magic" technique shown here, which then led me to here. The technique looked easy to do and I actually had all the supplies so I gave it a try, going for something simple with this flower stamp. I use one main color of yellow and a slightly darker color in a few places. I added a little bit of white at the tips and a little bit of brown at the base of each petal and drew in the dark lines that give each petal it's distinct shape.
When I was done, I had this yellow flower, which seemed perfect to use on Mojo Monday's sketch this week (it's the 200th sketch - whoo hoo!). All the paper came from my scraps container, so apparently spending all last weekend cleaning, sorting and organizing my craft room paid off because I can actually find my scraps. This time, I actually do know where the paper came from. The solid orangy-yellow is from DCWV. The orange dotted paper is from My Mind's Eye All Twinkle, Twinkle Little Boy stack, the white and black are Georgia Pacific card stock. I used cinnamon Stickles to give the center of the flower a little bling. I have no idea where the flower stamp came from but the word "cherish" is from Stampin' Up's Warm Words collection.


Well, that's it for today. The day just flew by and now I had better get everything put away, finish that last load of laundry and get ready for work tomorrow. It may be a short week for me but that just means I have to pack a normal week's worth of work into a short period of time and will have to work hard the following week to get caught back up. Maybe that's why I never use my vacation time and always am trying to figure out how to use it before I lose it. But it will all be worth it since I'll have a long weekend to crank out some cards. Believe it or not, my stash is already starting to dwindle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the tip... such a beautiful card

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh yes....this was a great time...haven't done anything like this in a long time and it will be fun to try your technique which is a tad different.

JustYolie said...

Beautiful card, I've never tried this technique before, thanks for sharing the links. :)