Monday, May 2, 2011

So one of these days...



I'm going to learn to take before pictures. I thought I had a picture of the guest bedroom from "before," but either 1) I just dreamed about taking a picture of the room or 2) it's on my little purple camera that seems to have just disappeared. So the closest thing I have to a before picture is one after I had cleaned out the room except for the bed and one nightstand. But that's pretty much what it looks like (don't you just love the rose colored carpet I had to work around?):So yesterday I complained about the "one coat" and "high def" paint. It's hard to really show how poorly it covered but this picture sort of shows it. Look in the bottom middle of the page and you can see the light spots where the paint didn't cover well. Mind, you I really did try to cover it well. You can also see some of the "frog tape" I used on the windowsill. Tonight I pulled off just a little of the tape. We had a retirement celebration for a co-worker at a local pizza place and then came home to listen to the Hawks at their away game so I only had a little time to work in the room. So far, I have to say that the frog tape may just live up to what it says. Where it was really well patted down to make a solid seal, it seems to actually be coming up with a clean line. But we'll see how the rest goes. I just couldn't end tonight without a picture of one my chief snoopervisors:Smoke just doesn't seem to care that his fluffy ol' tail is right over my newly painted wall. I guess I should just be happy that the wall is Smoke-colored. I did notice that Chewie in fact did have paint in her tail. She wasn't too happy with me when I was more interested in removing it than petting her.




So I'm really tired again tonight, but if I can find the energy, I need to work on my wall art. But I'm thinking I'll just go crawl in bed instead.

1 comment:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Yeah, we have more "after" pictures than "before" pictures...