Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So excited!

So I took the night off last night. No working after I left the office. No e-mail, no facebook, no blog hopping. Not even playing in my craft room. An entire night of nothing electronic or crafty. It was nice. Hmm... maybe more like it was strange. Especially when you consider I have a to-do list about a mile long and only 24 days to get most of it done (family to-do's) and 30 for the rest (work to-do's). But, it was my birthday so I guess it was okay to take one little night for myself.

Tonight we had dinner with my in-laws, my parents and sister. That was nice too. My husband made all the arrangements and I didn't have to do a thing. We missed out on the big Thanksgiving because my mother-in-law was sick so it had been too long since we had seen them. But then I got super excited when I saw the gift my parents had bought me.... drumroll.... a new wide format printer!!!!!!!! I've wanted one for a couple of years now but never bought one.


I'm not really a digital scrapbooker. I love the feel of paper in my hands and couldn't imagine not getting to cut and touch and glue. But I do my journaling on the computer. I know they say to use your own handwriting, but people have to be able to read what I write for it to mean anything! The problem is that I journal on the computer and I prefer 12 by 12 layouts so I always have to print on a smaller paper and find some way to incorporate that in the bigger layout. I've always wanted to be able to put my journaling on the base of the page, but never could. Also I've seen some great ways to make my own base page with a picture and could never do that either. So clearly I needed a wide format printer, but they are so expensive and I never could seem to find one that I wanted when I had the extra money to get one.

So I told my husband I wanted one for Christmas and told my Mom that I thought that was what my husband and I would get "each other" for Christmas. Turns out, she called dear hubby and confirmed he hadn't gotten me one so that they could. I'm so excited. Now I just have to find a place for it in my craftroom. Oh, and get to work on my thank you cards, mail the Christmas cards, finish a couple of gifts, get the house decorated, attend a bunch of Christmas parties, oh, and finish up an enormous pile of work all before the end of the year! Good thing I know I'm not the only one with a really long list of things to do.

5 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Thats so cool. But what is a wide format printer?

Zoey and the furballs said...

Good question - Standard printers usually only print up to 8 1/2 inches wide and 12 inches long - the width and length of a standard piece of paper. The wide format printer will print up to 13 inches wide by 19 inches long. That gives me a little more versatility in what I can print.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That is a very cool printer!

2 Ducky said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! Looks like you were spoiled. And rightly so! Have fun playing, can't wait to see what you do with it.

JustYolie said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!
That's a nice gift...I want one too but they are so expensive...maybe for my birthday in March. Enjoy your new toy! :)