Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas gift tags

It's official - my Christmas shopping is DONE! Now I just have to wrap everything and then I can get back to crafting (and I still have a lot of that I want to finish before Christmas). Tonight, I was exhausted after two full days of shopping, first with my sis-in-law and then today with my mom, sister, aunt and cousin. But tonight I wanted to work on my gift tags so tomorrow could a wrap-o-rama kind of day. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Something different for sure. I thought about some kind of cat snowman, but then I saw the gold flourish wrapping paper that I had picked up for only $0.99 a roll at Jo-Ann's (love that sale) and knew it had to be some type of a gold flourish to coordinate but I wanted a little more color. I pulled out this gold shimmery paper left over from making my Christmas cards this year and red shimmery paper left over from some other projects (I think maybe some wedding invitations?). I found a flourish with just a hint of holly to coordinate with the paper and voila:
The picture doesn't do justice to this beautiful paper. But I love the clean and simple look of these tags and they were so easy to do. Now to just find a way to attach them to the gifts without becoming too attractive to kitties who are up to no good. I know better than to use ribbons, but I need to attach them somehow...

2 comments:

JustYolie said...

Wooohooo!!! Congrats to you! I need make a couple of mini books and a gift for my godson and I'll be done. :)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Whats "Christmas shopping"? Do we have to go outside ta do that?