Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Life Is Sweeter with You in It

I love the die cut inlay craze that's so popular right now.  I'm not the best at it so don't look too closely at this card.  I used the scalloped frame from the Simon Says Stamp Frames die set to cut through this cute polka dot paper from the Miss Caroline 6x6 paper pad from My Mind's Eye.  I then die cut the same frame into some leftover watercolor paper.  I then tried to inlay the watercolor paper into the polka dot paper.  That was a funny experience.  By the way, if you try to inlay with polka dots and something doesn't look quite right, check if you didn't get one piece of the paper turned the other way.  Yeah, my dots didn't line up.  Thankfully my tape was very forgiving and I was able to peel the paper off and turn it around.  No one would have known, well except for the fact that I can't keep my big mouth shut.

The rest of the card was a breeze.  I die cut out my stamped piece from the Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Tim Holtz exclusive using the straight frame from the same Simon Says Stamp Frames die set but used my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper to round the corners.  I liked that better with the curves of the other frame.  I then adhered the panel with pop dots and called it  day. 

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

You are doing the greatest things with this set. I never would had known about boo boo unless you told us. Loving the inlay. I've only done one so far.