Wednesday, August 20, 2014

You Are the Apple of My Eye Take Two

I had another apple floating around on my craft table and I had this idea to make my own background paper so I thought "why not use that apple.  So I pulled out my Simon Says Stamp Apple Green ink and the apple image from the Stampendous Fresh Fruit set and started making my own background.  I stamped rows of apples, added in some seeds using another stamp from the set and some Espresso Truffle Memento ink.  I added a stems to the apples and then added my colored apple to the free space I left in stamping. I finished it off with a stem. I then realized I didn't really have any place for my sentiment that would work other than on top of the apple.  It worked out perfectly and placed it on top of a red card base from my stash, but it still needed something.  So I added some Glossy Accents and called that good.
 
Oh, and this came was what I was working on when I let this sneak peek go out on Instagram:


1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Very nice! I like your progression as to how your creation came to be! I have seen several people using those ink pads...I'm tempted to buy some. You are full of temptations lately with your cards.