Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thanks Card Inspired by Catherine Pooler

While reading blogs on my iPad, I came across a fun card made by Catherine Pooler using the reverse side of a stamp.  You can find the post and video here.  I thought I would give it a shot.  Since I didn't have the stamp she has, I used the backside of the Dahlia stamp from Crafty Secrets along with the Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks.  I wasn't sure I really liked how it turned out, so I set it aside and worked on something else, but once it dried, I actually thought it wasn't too bad.   Sometimes things just have to grow on me.  So I cut the panel down to 4 x 5 1/4.  Then I used the Lawn Fawn thanks die to cut my sentiment into the panel.  I then taped the panel down to a card base made from Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy card stock, which is quickly becoming a favorite.  I used some extra of that card stock to cut out another thanks using the die.  I then inlayed the sentiment, which is a very popular technique right now.  I added a few clear sequins to finish it off.


No comments: