Friday, July 18, 2014

Hello Card Inspired by Jennifer McGuire

As I posted before, I was completely enthralled watching Jennifer McGuire use Distress Inks with embossing folders.  You can see her beautiful work and check out her video here.  I immediately knew I had to give it a try by making several panels.  For this card, I used the Cuttlebug Script Texture with several colors of Distress Ink (Tea Dye, Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain I believe). I cut the finished piece down and matted it on some cream card stock. I used a piece of brown linen card stock for the base of the card and then cut the hello several times using the die from the That Arrow Card die set from Technique Tuesday with some left over paper.  I stacked the hello cuts to give it a bit of thickness.  I also die the banner from the same cream card stock as the mat using Avery Elle's Pinked Elle-ments that I just picked up around the holiday.  I decided to the leave the card as it was without any extra embellishment. 


No comments: