Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sending Lots of Love Using the Simon Says Stamp July 2014 Card Kit

A while back I posted a picture of my craft desk with what's left of my July 2014 Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp: 
Well, actually, there's some extra there too in that some of the card stock is from own stash, but the 6x6 papers there are all that is left of the paper except for one sheet of Neenah Desert Storm card stock.  The Lawn Fawn packaging in the back was from the You've Got Mail set that I had pulled out for an idea I had for today's card.  I colored the mailbox from that stamp set and fussy cut it out.  I knew the background needed something so I used the little dotted border stamp from the stamp set in the kit and some Simon Says Stamp Fog ink (the lightest of their grey colors) to add a little grounding in the background.  I then stamped the sentiment using Lipstick Red ink that came in the kit and added the Lots of Love using some Soft Navy ink I had bought myself.  I stamped the smallest envelope stamp onto some patterned paper from the kit then fussy cut it out.  I added a little heart stamp from the kit, topped with Wink of Stella and some Glossy Accents.  Then I drew a dashed line for the envelope.  The mailbox was taped flat to the card, but I used pop dots for the mail.  I used some striped paper from the card kit for a mat and some Soft Navy card stock for the card base.
 

No comments: