Sunday, July 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Inspired by Lauren Bassen and Simon Says Stamp

Today I got to spend the whole day in my craft room (whoo hoo!) and, for once, I actually had some  mojo.  It all started with some big screen time watching videos.  I loved one on the Simon Says Stamp blog with a card created by the talented Lauren Bassen that you can see here (really, go check it out.  It's fabulous.).  

I didn't have the stencil, but I was able to find an image on the Silhouette store (design ID 38579) that worked for my purposes.  I then used a stack of Distress Inks and my mini round blender to ink up some balloons.  Since I still have the fabulous stamp from the July 2014 Simon Says Stamp card kit, I decided to selectively ink the happy from the happy mail stamp then added the birthday from the it's your birthday stamp on the Fiskars All Year Greeting set.  A few sequins finished the cards off.  So much fun I had to make two.



 

No comments: