Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge #74: Inspired By...

For today's card, I'm playing along (for the first time ever) with the Lawnscaping Challenge, this one #74.  I love, love, love Lawn Fawn stamps.  They are by far my favorite and I've amassed quite a collection of them.  But today, I'm putting them to use.

For this challenge, we're supposed to pick a Lawn Fawn Design Team Member and make a card inspired by their work.  I knew that I wanted to do something similar this card published a while back on Netter's Notables, Design Team Member Lynette's blog.

I really liked how sweet this card was when I pinned it awhile ago.  So while I used it as my base, I also challenged myself to use only stamp sets I've bought but not used yet.  I was stunned: a) by how many stamp sets I was able to use on one card and b) how many new stamp sets I have.  So I ended up with the Yeti, snowflake and sentiment from Yeti, Set, Go, the banner from Bannerific, the sweet little heart from Bee Mine, and the wood grain from Woodgrain Backdrops. I even used dies from my newest purchases:  Circle Stackables and Scalloped Circle Stackables. 

I colored the yeti ever so slightly with my Spectrum Noir markers then fussy cut him out.  I cut out the circle, stamped and heat embossed some random snowflakes.  I then used Broken China and Weathered Wood Distress Ink to color my circle and finished it off with some hearts stamped in Barn Door.  I cut a frame with my scalloped circle dies.  I stamped the wood grain background on some kraft card stock cut and folded into an A2 card using some Tea Dye Distress Ink.  Then it was  just a matter of stamping my banner and sentiment, a little fussy cutting and adhering it all together with some glue and pop dots.  Then I finished the card off with some sequins form the Peace Joy Love line, a little Glossy Accents on the hearts, some Wink of Stella on the Yeti, and a corner rounder for the bottom edges. 

4 comments:

Laurel Beard said...

Absolutely adorable! Love this. Love the inspired card and love your spin on it!

Lynnette said...

I'm touched and so flattered that you found inspiration from my project. Thanks for sharing your fabulous take on it. Your card is terrific, and the Yeti is so fun.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

ADORABLE card! Woderful take on Lynnete's fabulous style and designs!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

Unknown said...

What a great card! I'm sure I'll be stealing that idea soon.