Monday, October 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Uncle Jim - Inspired by Stampin' Pretty

October 1st was my Uncle Jim's birthday and I was fortunate enough to give him his card personally.  That's a rarity since he lives almost two days' drive from us, but he was here for my parents' 50th anniversary.  Yay!  When it came time to make his card, I opened up my card layout board on Pinterest and was drawn immediately to this card that was featured on the Stampin' Pretty blog here.  Although the card started as the inspiration, I knew I would do a standard A2 size.  I also immediately knew I wanted to use one of my favorite Technique Tuesday stamps called "Swanky Sentiments.  A while back I turned the frame stamp into a cut file for the Cameo courtesy of my scanner, Photoshop and Inkscape, so I cut one for the sentiment and another, slightly larger version, as a mat.  I inked out the sentiment from that stamp set with some Faded Jeans Distress Ink and the frame in Tea Dye Distress Ink.  Then it was just a matter of cutting the paper from the Fancy Pants Swagger 6x6 pad for the background, mat for the background, and then a few banner strips.  I just love the Swagger paper for a card for a man.  With a little tape from my ATG gun and a bit of pop dots on the back of the sentiment piece, it was done. 

No comments: