Monday, August 5, 2013

Off to Denver - Card One

Well I know I've been away from the blog for a bit again.  It's been a rough time at work.  As I mentioned before, one the management team I'm on passed away.  He was a heck of a nice guy and I have to walk by his office is the one next to mine so I'm reminded of the loss every day.  Then I'm short staffed but also need to get my staff out for vacations before the end of year craziness begins so we are REALLY short staffed.  By the time I get home every night, I'm just completely wiped out mentally.  It was even worse this last week when there were a few days were there were only two of us managers for several weeks and the big boss (great guy that I have worked with for more than a decade) asked me to be the go-to manager for any issues.  Fortunately there were few issues, but it was a long, tiring week.  Now I'm off for a different type of long tiring week - it's time for one of the annual conferences I attend.  This time I'm in Denver, but I started at 2:30 a.m. today and I suspect it will be 11:30 p.m. or so before I finally call it a day.  Since I never sleep well on these trips and I find myself spending all day at the conference, a few hours socializing with my cohorts and a few hours trying to keep up with the work back home, it's likely to be a week of a bunch of 16 to 18 hour days of go-go-go all away from the hubster.

So, like I've been doing for many trips now, I have made a series of cards to leave behind to remind him how much I love him even when I'm away.

For today's card, I found inspiration on Stampin' Pretty in the form of a card done by Tracy Casil that you can find here.  It was super fund and easy to do.  Of course, I didn't have the stamp that she used, so I created my own word art in Word then printed it out.  I used my score board to emboss a border.  I found a heart shape in my Silhouette library of downloads.  I cut it out in various colors of scraps from the never ending scrap bin.  For texture, I used the Candy Cane Stripes embossing folder from Cuttlebug.  One I had the card put together, I thought the sentiment and hearts still needed something.  So I used the cute little heart from the Lawn Fawn Home Sweet Home set filled in with some Glossy Accents on the sentiment and some Stickles on the cut out hearts to add a little something something.

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. My brother lives in downtown Denver..well..it's all most downtown. It is extremely close to an area called Cherry something and across the street from the Denver Country Club. A very pretty area. Wish I had the money he had....haha. Anyhoooo....what a loving wife you are to make these cards for your DH while away. This one is very very very pretty and sweet!