Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sigh...

Here I have all day to play in my room, but do you think I am feeling it?  No.  I'm spending more time watching Project Runway on the DVR than creating anything.  But I did manage to make this card inspired by the Green Christmas card by AnnetteMac I found on Pinterest.  I started by making it in red with a poppy on it, but it just didn't sing to me.  So instead I switched to colors that remind me of my sister.  Then it really took shape with the Sizzix textured paper, a little EK Success border punch and a 3D flower pattern out of the Silhouette store.  I also got to use a stamp out of my new set from Recollections called Journal It.  A lot of time went into this card (far more than should have). 

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Isn't it funny when you start off and think "this will be fun and pretty easy" and the project gets bigger like you spoke of....haha. I like you went with the pink flower rather than the red...it's perfect and such a beautiful card!!!