Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pinterest Bummer

A week or so ago, I was surfing Pinterest and I found a fabulous pin for a table makeover.  Well I have a table that definitely needs a makeover.  So I opened the pin to go back to the original source and, wouldn't you know, I got hit with a computer virus.  The fortunate thing is that when I saw this screen claiming that the FBI wanted me to send them $200 to stop an investigation into me, I knew it was hoax and I even knew where to report it. 


The even better news is that a good friend of the family was able to help me restore my computer and remove the virus.  The bad part is that it's now made me super-nervous to surf Pinterest and I just love all the inspiration I get from that fabulous site.  Why is it these people who make computer viruses simply use their skills for good, not bad?  Or at the very least, leave my beloved Pinterest alone?  Well, with an even better anti-malware program installed, I am going to go back to Pinterest, but I just wanted to share that if you use Pinterest, or surf the Internet anywhere, it's a really good idea to invest in really good anti-malware program and back up your computer regularly.

No comments: