Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fun with Pens

I bought the pen holder for my Silhouette Cameo.  Unfortunately, it really only holds standard pens.  But I didn't let that stop me.  I basically pulled apart the pen I wanted to use and rigged the pen holder to hold one of my Sakura gelly roll pens.  I love these pens but I rarely ever use them.  But I knew it was the perfect pen to try to with a great card I found on The Card Grotto.  I swapped out the flower pattern for a cute Echo Park butterfly design I purchased in the Silhouette store.  I used a sentiment from the Fiskars All Year Greetings set, which I stamped on vellum (I love that technique).  It was a simple and fun card and I love getting to try out something new.  I just wish it photographed as cute as it is in person (and that I didn't get a stray strand of my hair in the shot).



No comments: