Sunday, August 5, 2012

Baking and Playing

I spent most of the day playing in the kitchen and my craft room.  A few weeks ago, I found a recipe for English Muffin Bread on Pink Cricut.  We loved it so much, I've made it several times since.  In fact, I used a whole jar of yeast.  I don't think I've ever used a whole jar of yeast before the expiration date before. 

The other day, I made a little change to the recipe.  I added some cinnamon and raisins, which was absolutely divine!  So today I made the whole recipe as raisin bread.
But I wasn't done there.  Yesterday, while playing around on Pinterest, I found a recipe for Jalapeno Cheese Bread from Homemade by Holman.  I decided I just had to try that one too. 
I am soooo happy I did.  It was fabulous (although I only used 1/2 of the jalapenos the recipe called for and used double the red green pepper because I didn't have any green peppers on hand). I'm definitely making this one again.  And my loaf of banana bread is just coming out of the oven.  I used the tried and true Betty Crocker recipe.  We've tried others but it's my favorite by far.

So in my craft room today, I played around with pictures taken from our Friday trip to see the dock that washed ashore following the Japanese tsunami. I used this week's Sketch Inspiration sketch to start and opened a collection pack from Echo Park called Country Drive that I had in my stash.  I just love EP paper!  I decided I needed to copy the flower paper for an embellishment and I just love that I found the cut file in the Silhouette Store.  Yea!  I added a little bling with my Irock, a title, some hidden journaling and a few words and some strips of border from the embellishments in the kit.   

1 comment:

ViA said...

The bread you brought to the family picnic didn't get out for everyone to taste, but we certainly enjoyed it later. It was delicious! Yum! Thank you for bringing it.