Sunday, July 22, 2012

Now and Then...

What a fabulous weekend!  The girls came over to craft on Saturday.  Well, honestly, not a lot of crafting happened.  Instead we spent a lot of time talking and catching up.  Elaine was probably the most productive us all; she actually finished an adorable layout.  I spent most of my time showing her how she can use the Cameo in her crafting.  After all the time I've spent lately looking at hexagons and thinking I should use them in a layout or card, the first time I actually worked with them was helping Elaine cut some for her layout and now I'm even more convinced I'm going to have to use the hot trend on something. 

I did a little on my applique.  It's coming along pretty well for my first attempt, but I can see the mistakes.  But today I had to take a break.  All those little stitches are getting to me.

So today I used my time to make my first layout since reorganizing my craft room.  A couple of weeks ago, my dear friend Becky sent me her son's graduation announcement and a senior photo.  It's hard to believe that Nick is old enough to have finished high school; it still remember the little boy who ran up and down the hall at night trying to avoid going to bed.  I've been wanting to do a then and now type page ever since I got it, but every time I started, I realized I needed my computer.  Now that it's back and my room is ready to go again, I was so excited to get to it and, when I saw today's sketch for Sketch Inspiration, I knew it was perfect for this layout and I just knew I wanted to use the Note to Self collection kit from Echo Park.  I just love this kit, even more so since there are great coordinating elements for in it the Silhouette Design Studio. Even though this was the very first time I broke out the collection to use, I know I'm going to use every last scrap of it.  I loved the little tab; it was perfect to hide my hand written (gasp!) journaling.

It's also the first time I've ever sprayed Glimmer Mist on a project after I had it "done."  I've watched Shimelle (oh and thanks Shimelle for the preview of the upcoming Echo Park collections, I see more of them in my future) several times and I've always found it a little intimidating.  Yep, it's still intimidating even after trying it myself now.