Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Current Favorite

I have to admit that this is probably my current favorite card.  It was inspired by a sketch from the June 2010 CardMaps.  I used DCWV paper from the Lemon Flower stack that were scraps left over from a prior project.  A while ago I had picked up some french curves from Office Depot (who sponsors my favorite race car driver), because I had seen someone else use them to draw curves.  I'm just not artistic enough to draw a curve without a template so it seemed like the perfect solution for the next time I need a curve and they were perfect for this card.  The tree was cut from a design I purchased in the Silhouette Design Studio.  The little bird was a stamp from a Studio G set I picked up years ago stamped onto paper from my scraps bin.  I just stamped with Basic Black Stampin' Up ink then cut around it and added a couple of scraps for legs.   The little cloud was one I designed myself in the Silhouette Design Studio using the fabulous print and cut feature (just love, love, love that!).  I used a little Old Paper and Peeled Paint Distress Ink to give a little depth. Super fast to put together, but I just love it!

No comments: