Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Another sympathy card

I found out tonight that Matt's Aunt Lorraine passed away this morning.  She was a very nice lady and I enjoyed spending time with her and her husband, Marvin, before he passed.  So tonight I found myself in my craft room with the unbelievably difficult task of creating another sympathy card.  Fortunately, I found a pattern for this card in the Best of Card Creations by PaperCrafts.  I love this book.  I picked it up at CKC several years ago and I find myself pulling it out from time to time when I need a little inspiration.  Tonight was no exception and this particular card just jumped out at me. As usual, the hardest part was finding the right paper.  I had the polka dot paper sitting on my table top from a card I made the other night.  It comes from the Bella Armoire stack by DCWV.  I absolutely love that stack.  The grey paper comes from the Stella and Rose paper pad from My Mind's Eye.  I picked the 6x6 pad when it was on sale at Craft Warehouse and I find it's perfect for card making.  The white, grey and black papers just come from my stash of scraps, but I particularly liked how this wreath turned out.  It was downloaded from the Silhouette store and the simplicity of the wreath was perfect in comparison to some of the more complex ones I found in the store.  With just a few black metal Irock findings and a little sheer ribbon, the card was complete. 

No comments: