Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mojo Monday 224

Whoo hoo! Back to paper crafting! I loved the new Mojo Monday sketch 224. It was the perfect starting point to getting back into playing with paper. As usual, I pulled out scraps from my bin. This time I used left over paper from making my mother-in-law's Christmas gift. Here's the weird part: I have no idea what the stack is called. See I made an album for the hubby using DCWV's Scrapbook Kit in a Stack called Love and Marriage. It's one I had in the drawer in my craft room that I must have bought some time past for some reason (likely because I've never done our wedding album). But, I decided it would be perfect for the project. When I was done, I liked it so much that I decided to do one for my mother-in-law. But I couldn't find that same stack at Michaels. All I could find was a different 8 by 8 kit from DCWV, so I made her album from that. But I cannot find it at all anywhere to include the name of the stack. Even though I bought it much later, it must have been an older stack. How weird is that?


Anyhow, all the paper except for the card base and the white scalloped circle and white flowers are from that DCWV stack. The card base is from my stash of Nekoosa Linen Text by Mohawk that I bought at Paper Zone (I am soooooo sad that they are going out of business). The white is from my scrap bin so who knows where it's from. The pink flower that makes the base of the flower is a Prima Marketing flower out of my Bucket of Blooms (man that thing is never ending!). The white and red are cut from the Asterisks die from Cuttlebug. I love the little black gem from Eye Candy.


But the best part is the little "thank you" circle cut on the Cameo. It's from the Silhouette store and I just cut off the little tag to make it fit my design. Unfortunately I didn't have a scalloped circle on the Silhouette, so I had to get a little creative. I did have a flower design I had downloaded earlier that was close to what I wanted, but I needed a solid design. So I used the "offset" feature on the flower design and played with the amount of the offset until I was happy with the scallop. I just love the Cameo. I learn more each day.


So there's lots of time left, why now play along with Mojo Monday and get your mojo on.

No comments: