Sunday, September 25, 2011

Birthdays! Presents!

Just a quick post to say happy birthday to my cousin Teresa. Also today my darling cat Zoey turns 18! Can you believe that -- 18! Pretty darn good for all that she's been through - first being born from a momma cat that had been abandoned in an apartment while pregnant then acute kidney failure from that horrible kitty food. But while they have the birthdays, I get the presents because I finally got to open my box from Basic Grey that I won from blog candy. Whoohoo! I love, love, love this magnetic mat. No more design "assistance" from the furballs if I leave a project in progress because now I can hold everything in place with the really strong magnets that came with the board. Plus I'm really excited to use these doilies and the paper pack. Hmmm, cards? layouts? We'll see. I have a feeling I'm going to have to make these presents last because any day now the family will issue their yearly edict's that I stop spending on myself since my anniversary, birthday and the holidays are coming and I'm known to ruin their gifts by buying it for myself first.

2 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Lots of congratulations go out...unbelievable that Zoey is 18....she looks so young for her age. If only I had her good cat genes. 2nd- congrat on the win...that really is an awesome win. 3rd- I'm like you in that my family tells me to stop buying when it gets close to a big celebration day. I got the Ipad2 but my husband said it had to be for my birthday, Valentines, Mother's Day and anniversary. There's nothing left but Christmas coming up in 3 months...think I will continue buying some things...lol

Cheryl First said...

Oh, yummy win! Those paper colors are deee-lish! Congrats! Also, to Zoey, a Happy Belated Birthday!