Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July to all of you out there. I hope it's a safe and happy holiday for you all. We celebrated early this year so today will be a quiet day. Thank goodness because it's been a busy weekend already. We ducked out of work early enough to make it to the last matinee of Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon in 3d on Friday afternoon. Then it was home to cut out the mickey cup for Mom and make potato salad (it's always so much better tasting the next day!). My family was over for ribs that hubby finished off on the barbeque. They were amazing even if you aren't a rib fan. Then the girls took a quick trip to JoAnn's where I picked up another storage cart so I could get my project materials stored off my work space and give me more room to work. Then it was back for a Real Housewives of OC marathon with my sister. It was actually disappointing because pretty much all of the women have just gotten bitchy and self-absorbed. Then yesterday we finished helping my friend move her mom, I finished up my dad's Grumpy cup, had dinner with the parents and finally back to finish watching the last OC episode's with my sis. So today, it's nice that I get a quiet day to spend in my craft room and finishing up the laundry. I know it seems kind of backward, but I love having the busy part of the weekend at the beginning and finishing up with a quiet, slow day. I'll be enjoying this little bouquet picked from our yard and playing with some ideas I've been floating around for a while. So hopefully I'll be back with some projects I've finished later.

No comments: