Friday, June 17, 2011

Waiting impatiently...

I am not a patient person. I accept this about myself. While I love the internet, I'm not an online shopping fan. I hate buying something and then having to wait for it to arrive. I want instant gratification! But sometimes online is the only way to go.

I've had this project idea percolating in my head for a while, well actually I've had several percolating there. Unfortunately, I can't find the supplies I need around town. Argh... so I broke down tonight and ordered online. It all started when I was helping Glenda move her mom in with her today. When we were done, there was no way I was going home to cook, not even if it was something as simple as a Hungry Girl recipe. So we called my parents to see if they were eating out and where so we could join them. While at dinner, my Mom and I started talking about ordering some things online, if I had finally ordered the vinyl that I've been talking about for a while and if I need her 40% off coupon for Craft Warehouse.

Well it got me thinking. It doesn't matter what coupon I have if the stores around me don't carry what I need, so I finally broke down and ordered the vinyl I want online. I found what I wanted at Oh My Crafts (who also happen to have a 10% off coupon right now - the code is summer10). I was going to order six sheets since they had it on sale for $9.99 for all six (what I would pay at full price for two sheets of Cricut vinyl), but then I realized that most of what I wanted was in a bundle of 20 sheets of pre-selected colors for only $14.99 (plus 10% off that - woo hoo!). They had such a great selection and a great price. Even though the shipping is a little spendy, it's still way cheaper than buying the Cricut vinyl even if I had a coupon (plus I'm not so happy with Provocraft over the whole Sure Cuts a Lot/Make the Cut issue so I love that I get my vinyl without having to support the company). But the problem is now I've got to wait a whole week for it to get here and that just isn't working for me. I'm all itchy to get started crafting RIGHT NOW!

No comments: