Thursday, May 19, 2011

Deceptively simple little layout

If you've looked at any of my work, you probably have figured out that I'm a fan of simple little layouts. I like a lot of blank space. I'm not a huge fan of lots of embellishments (unless it's buying them and putting them away in drawers). So layout #202 on Sketch Inspiration really called out to me tonight. I thought it was a beautiful layout and one that I could finish quickly.







Well, one out of two isn't bad. This simple little layout took me nearly three hours! First, I couldn't find just the right paper. Then I found paper I liked, but I cut the square too small and I didn't have any more of that paper. I finally figured out how to correct my miscut, but then I had to go make dinner and find some aspirin. (Four hours of working out in the yard placing lawn edging = sunburn and sore muscles)




So dinner finished, I returned to the layout and fussed over the right size of circle. Then came the tedious hand stitching. But it's all worth it now that I look at the completed page and am much happier with it than the Meerkats. Thank you Sketch Inspiration!










No comments: