Sunday, April 17, 2011

Good and bad

So the good news is that the Hawks just won and are now on to round three against the winner of the Americans/Chiefs series (tied 2-2, don't know who won tonight).


The bad news is I'm really frustrated. I spent a good portion of the day looking for clear plastic tumblers with lids and straws. Apparently no one in town has them so now I'm going to have to order them off the Internet or abandon this project I have in my head.


On the plus side, while searching all over town for the tumblers, I found some beer steins and made another little thing to go with the card and beer for the neighbor. I used the Harrington font and a flourish I found on Miss Vickie's Cutting Crazy blog a while ago to make the cutting pattern. Cut it out on contact paper and then used my etching cream. The only problem is that it's really difficult to get a good picture of a clear, etched glass.


I've finished one for the hubby too, but that one's a little busy right now. I'll try to get a picture of it when it's not in use.

2 comments:

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Very pretty. I like the font that you chose. You can crumple dark tissue paper for a clearer photo.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Thats a very lovely glass!