Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Inspired by Freshly Made Sketches' Sketch #17


It actually feels good to be back in the groove of playing in my craft room. I love the holidays, but I love when life gets back to some semblance of normal too. Well, not quite normal because I'm still fighting this dang cold.


I wanted to make a card to send to a friend to let him know I'm thinking of him. It seems that a lot of people I know are going through hard stuff right now. Anyhow, I was trolling the blogs tonight to see if I could find any inspiration of my own rather than just grabbing something from Silhouette (not that I don't love just grabbing something from Silhouette, but it's time I got my own creative juices flowing again). I found Sketch #17 at Freshly Made Sketches and knew it was perfect for a masculine card. I chose to go with something very simple and straight forward. Although I did have a lot of wild ideas for this one, alas, it's a card for a guy so plain is better. I just pulled a patterned paper from my scrap bin and some cardstock for the card. I used a stamp from the Paperwork Greetings set from Inkadinkado and some crochet thread because I didn't have the right color of baker's twine (would you have ever even known if I hadn't been honest?).


I just have to leave you with this picture of Chewie from our last camping trip. Sadly, it looks like our camping trip this weekend is cancelled due to inclement weather and awful cold (I even came home early from work yesterday to take a nap -sheesh!) But I came across this picture when looking for the picture of my card to upload and remembered how much fun with we had out walking in the fall leaves with her.


Oh, and Cely if you are reading this, I don't know what it is about your blog but it won't seem to let me comment. The tumblers you made were great but I'm still speechless over that teapot. Amazing!

No comments: