Saturday, December 18, 2010

A little inspiration

This is my last weekend to finish up the "what we like about" pages for my team at work, but I have to admit I haven't really felt inspired lately. Tired, yes, but not inspired. But this morning I wandered down to my craft room and logged on. I immediately saw a notice on Facebook that Creating Keepsakes was hosting a one hour challenge that would start at 10:15 that morning. So I decided to find a way to use their sketch to get at least one page done. Wouldn't you know it, but the sketch was perfect and inspiring and I finished a page for Jeff and uploaded it with nearly 15 minutes to spare. That was all I needed to get my creativity jump started today and I decided to try to do another page in just an hour; this time using the sketch on Sketch Inspirations. Well, that one took longer than hour because I had to find a turtle to add to the page and I had to go fold a load of laundry and play fetch with Chewie for a while, but if you subtract out all the non-scrapbooking stuff, I think I might have made the deadline. So then I pulled up this week's sketch on Sketchy Thursdays. Add a little laundry, some more fetch, a quick trip down to the post office and the grocery store, a short appearance at the neighbor's holiday party (wow that punch really packed a punch) and dinner with the in-laws and my one-hour challenge took more like eight hours, but I got it done. Three finished last weekend, another three today, four to go. I guess tomorrow will have to be less laundry and more scrapbooking, but that doesn't sound too bad to me. Now it's off to watch Sex and the City 2 on Netflix so I can mail it back to get the original Tron for Matt.

2 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Sometinms we rise to challenges. Sometimes we just go to bed.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo's!! GORGEOUS!! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)