Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Inspired by Sketchy Thursday

I was really tired tonight after a second very long day at work this week. In fact, I didn't even think I would spend much time in my craft room tonight. But then I saw the 11.4 sketch on Sketchy Thursdays and realized it was the perfect inspiration to use a drawing I've been saving. You see, this spring we cleaned out an old storage unit that my in-laws had. You know the kind; it holds of little bit of everybody's stuff. Well in that process, she unearthed this clear plastic frame with a drawing of her that had been done at the state fair in 1956! It was is in near perfect condition. It was just begging to be put on a page. So off into my pile it went and tonight it finally found a home thanks to the inspirational sketch.
Well that's all. I'm tired and the furballs are demanding to be fed so I had better go before blood is shed.

7 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Thats a pretty lady...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful drawing! Great find. Beautiful take on the sketch!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! what a cool find! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE this! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshet said...

What a cool take on the sketch! Love how you used the drawing! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!

JustYolie said...

Oh wow from '56! That's so cool, perfect layout for it! :)

Keshet said...

Oh, love that you used a drawing, so cool! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!

Diana Fisher said...

Oh wow! What a great idea!