Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hunger Strike Ends


I've been on a hunger strike. The beans apparently "ran out" of Temptations. I ask you, what kind of idiot runs out of Temptations? Then they thought they could cover their malfeasance by putting some of the junk they feed the furballs in the name of "treats" on top of my stinky goodness. Did they really think I wouldn't notice that those "treats" weren't Temptations?

Well, I showed them. For three days they put down my bowl with those fake "treats" on top of the stinky goodness. I would smell the fake "Temptations" and then just walk away leaving my food uneaten. Of course the furballs, the little Hoovers they are, would gobble it all up. But I, unlike the furballs, have standards.

The beans begged me to eat. They told me that the store was out of beef Temptations and this was the best they could do. Who do they think they are kidding? I don't care if the store down the street is out of Temptations. I don't care how far out of their way it is to find a store that has them in stock. That's not my problem. I put up with salmon, chicken and dairy versions of Temptations in the past when the store was out of beef. I can show a little mercy, but no Temptations at all is not acceptable! Apparently they finally figured it out and hauled their fannies across town to Petco to get me my beef Temptations. (Mind you this is an old picture because I still haven't forgiven them so I won't cooperate with their attempts at a photo shoot.)

Aah... the joys of stinky goodness sprinkled with Temptations... life is sweet. Then out of the blue, Dad walks in with a package from DaisyMae Maus, my cousin, just packed full of Temptations! What a joyous day! Oh thank you DMM, thank you, thank you, thank you.

3 comments:

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Temptations are now (finally) available in Australia! Yay! I'm glad you don't have to go without them anymore.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Zoey ... I heard your call! DMM an' Temptations to the rescue!
DMM

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Cool Temptations! Yay!