Monday, September 1, 2014

Party Animal!

I just love this Avery Elle stamp set.  I've loved it but never bought it until I saw it at Impress when my family was up there to take Sandy Allnock's class.  I knew I just had to have it when I saw it in person and perfect timing too because I need a lot of birthday cards coming up. 

For this card, I was playing with the background,  I'm really enjoying sponging on Distress Ink with the round blending tool.  It's so much easier to use.  I then used a new chevron stencil from Memory Box to add some embossing paste for more texture and then dripped water onto the Distress Ink for a little more texture. 

Then I stamped out the cute little balloon animal from the Avery Elle Party Animal set in some Simon Says Stamp Sunshine ink and then sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Chit Chat set using Slate ink from Simon Says Stamp. I cut them both out, added some Wink of Stella and then Glossy Accents.  Once they were dry, I added them to the card with some pop dots and finished it off with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins. 

No comments: