Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Celebrating After the Fact

Last week I got the surprise news that a friend and co-worker was getting married (yes, two in one week) when I asked her to set up some equipment for my staff meeting.  She's been very quiet about her engagement and even quieter about the fact that she and her fiancĂ© were planning to have a simple wedding at a local cottage and then take a quick honeymoon to the beach last week.  While others expressed surprise at such a quick wedding, I really wasn't in a position to say anything since Matt and I went from engaged with no concrete wedding plans to married in the space of about a week.  Since it will be ten years next month, I guess that plan worked just fine for us and I hope that she's as happy ten years from now as Matt and I are.

The occasion called for a special card.  I'm still enjoying the Monster Mash set from Lawn Fawn.  I love these cute little monsters.  I colored them with copics, cut them out added the cute bow ties and then had to stop to think about the rest of the card.  I pulled out my box of 6x6 paper pads and was immediately drawn to the Day Dreamer pad from Dear Lizzy and American Crafts.  I found the pretty heart paper, cut it out with the stitched frame from Mama Elephant's Basic Cuts set and then cut some vellum using the scalloped frame die from that set.  I layered them up on my card base.  It still needed something so I pulled out the Home Sweet Home set from Lawn Fawn for the cute little banner in it.

1 comment:

Jennifer Jackson said...

Love this cute, non -traditional wedding card! Adorable!