Sunday, July 13, 2014

Mixing Lawn Fawn with the Simon Says Stamp July 2014 Card Kit

I still have a few pieces of paper left from my Simon Says Stamp July 2014 Card Kit and I'm determined to use up the kit before the peek of the August kit tomorrow.  So over the next few days you'll see the cards I've been working on to finish this kit.  Those who follow my social media saw a tweet earlier today of this picture from my craft room desk as I was working on this card:

When I was young, Mom took a painting class everything Thursday night and Dad watched us kids.  I have a lot of fun memories of those times with my sister staying up to watch shows past our bed time and such.  Of course, Mom knows all about the mischief we got into under Dad's watch, but isn't that part of being a kid?  When it was just me, sometimes Dad would go back to work and take me with him.  I got to run around the office and do silly things like eat sugar cubes from the stash for coffee and ride on the big industrial vacuum cleaner with Woody, the custodian who was a heck of a nice guy.  I loved those nights.  I was thinking of those days when I colored the typewriter today because I remembered these tan typewriters with black keys.  So after the photo, I colored in the keys and the roll bar with a dark grey because I thought black might be a bit too dark and I wanted the colors to go nicely with this piece of paper from the kit with the circles that remind me of keys on the old manual typewriters. 

The card was pretty simple.  I used the Neenah Desert Storm card stock from the kit to make my card base and cut the circle paper down to fit on the front with a bit of a frame of the card stock. After coloring and fussy cutting the cute typewriter from Lawn Fawn's Just My Type set, I used pop dot to adhere it to my card.  I found this Studio Calico (I think) hearts in my embellishment egg carton on my desk (love that little porcelain egg carton that I picked up in the store of the Willamette Valley Fruit Company a couple of weeks ago).  For one last touch, I used some Glossy Accents to highlight a couple of words in the pattern of the paper.  Here's a close up of that last detail:

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Darlng card and love your story when you were young.